Will Buffy Fans Watch Sarah Michelle Gellar’s Ringer?
September 13 marks the day that everyone’s favorite vampire slayer, Sarah Michelle Gellar, returns to the small screen to play twin sisters in the new CW series Ringer. In this mystery TV show, Gellar gets to play a stripper on the run from the mob and a socialite married to a hedge fund businessman. After 8 years of estrangement, the twins meet again and reconcile. But then one of the turns up dead and one takes up the life of the other. Who ended up dead? Watch this teaser video below:
By the way, not only is SMG portraying twins, she’s also one the executive producers of the show. Could this be a new career for SMG?
- Sarah Michelle Gellar as Bridget Kelly/Siobhan Martin
- Nestor Carbonell as Victor Machado, an FBI agent whose job it is to keep Bridget safe.
- Ioan Gruffudd as Andrew Martin, a self-made millionaire whose marriage to Siobhan is struggling as he deals with his work and keeping his daughter out of trouble.
- Mike Colter as Malcolm Ward, a recovering addict who serves as Bridget’s NA sponsor.
- Tara Summers as Gemma Butler, Siobhan’s best friend.
- Kristoffer Polaha as Henry Butler, Gemma’s husband, who works as a writer, is unhappy with his life and having an affair with Siobhan.
- Zoey Deutch as Juliet Martin, Siobhan’s step-daughter, the daughter of Andrew.
Initial reviews of the show are mixed. Some critics are saying that the show’s banking on the popularity of SMG’s Buffy character. They’re thinking that millions of Buffy fans will give Ringer a try just because SMG is on it. Other reviews are more hopeful: Ringer could actually be gripping considering that its got a good storyline and excellent casting. Personally, I’d give this series a try. It’s been a while since I’ve watched a mystery tv show and it might be good. After all, I’ve liked many of SMG’s films. This could be good.
Meanwhile, check out other fall 2011 tv shows debuting this season here: Top 10 Must Watch Fall 2011 TV Show Pilots. It’s an exciting season for couch potatoes like me! I just hope that I’ll be comfortable watching those shows with my new Clic EyeWear or else I might have to use the old eyeglasses form Executive Optical.