The year 2011 has come and gone and it’s time to look back on what were the most viewed blog posts for the past year for this blog. Why? So I can have better idea of what posts to write for the coming year and plan my editorial calendar accordingly (plan?!). Anyway, without further ado, here are the top 11 posts of 2011.
- 2011 Storm Names for the Philippines — Since we’ve had really terrible storms this past year, Typhoons Pedring and Sendong included, it figures that this is the most popular blog post of the lot with 6,859 unique pageviews.
- From Na-Ondoy to Na-Pedring: Another Typhoon Devastates the Philippines– Same reason as the first one. It seems that when disaster strikes, people turn to the Internet for information.
- Top 10 Must-Watch 2011Fall TV Show Pilots – I’ve watched five out of the 10 shows in this list and I must say that they didn’t disappoint. I’m a huge fan of The Secret Circle and Terra Nova. However, I find that The X Factor is not really my thing. New Girl, while entertaining, is a bit predictable. But I must Justin Long’s guest appearance at the show was really a surprise and I’m looking forward to future guests.
- Why I Want Longer, Fuller Natural Lashes — This post was a contest entry for iLash and I won!!! 2011 was a great year for me in termsof blogging contests.
- The Flawless Nano Power Peel Experience — Obviously, this is a personal account of the nano power peel service at Flawless.
- Who is Edward Mendez? – Written in the last quarter of 2010, this post is about a model/actor that’s the new endorser for Flawless. I wonder what happened to this guy…
- Maja Salvador Admits to Being in a Relationship with Matteo Guidicelli – One of the most controversial showbiz news of 2010, this news came out Matteo and Coco Martin were involved in a brawl immediately right after the Star Magic Ball.
- International Caps Lock Day— This is not an official holiday! Just something that Facebook users had fun celebrating.
- Ulayaw @ Gilligan’s Island MOA– I guess a lot of people are looking for a review of this particular branch.
- The Best Brad Pitt Movies – Posts like this really get a lot of views, in my opinion. More of this in 2012.
- The Celeteque Habit— A personal account/testimonial. May I say that I have long abandoned using Celeteque since it does not fit my particular skin type.
Blogging Lessons from 2011
- Blog about current events. Whether it is about storms or the latest celebrity couple breakup, it will get you a lot of pageviews.
- TV shows and films attract visitors. Reviews or recaps as well as lists will do.
- Beauty posts, especially product reviews, are interesting to readers.
Plans for 2011
I want to be a more organized blogger for 2012 since I want to increase my pageviews by 50% and possibly get my bounce rate to 70% of less for the year. For 2011, expect the coming year to be filled with more:
- Book reviews — I just finished the Darkhunter novels of Sherrilyn Kenyon.
- Food and restaurant reviews – I already have drafts for Jamba Juice and Sugar House
- Trade show posts — This is more of an experiment, really. But I’d really like to visit more trade shows and perhaps write about trade show displays.
- Movie reviews–I’ve watched several movies, the latest would be Tom Cruise’s Ghost Protocol, and I didn’t write a review. For the next year, I would aim to write a review for every movie I watch.