I don’t know about you but the holidays always meant that I will be spending lots of money on presents, Christmas get-togethers, and Noche Buena feasts. So year after year, I’ve tried to be resourceful in gift-giving and my own holiday shopping. Here are some personal money saving tips I can share with you this season.
Weekend or Sunday markets are becoming a big thing for people in the Metro Manila. Where the was the Salcedo Sunday Market at Makati City, now we have a bigger one at Sidcor Sunday Market in Centris Walk. Organizers say that have more than 400 stalls participating every Sunday so you can imagine how big the area is and how crowded it can become. And confusing. But don’t worry, here’s a brief guide at what you can do at this Sunday market.
1. Shop for brand new, surplus overruns, and secondhand clothing and shoes.
2. Do your grocery shopping, public market style.
3. Eat and drink to your heart’s content and be merry.
4. Buy home decor and other items.
5. Enjoy with your family.
By now, I think you would understand why I would travel all the way from San Pedro, Laguna to Quezon Avenue in Quezon City just to go to Sidcor Sunday Market at Centris Walk. Just walking around the whole market area drives away negative thoughts and saves me from being a patient at one of the depression rehab treatment centers in the metro.
With the release of SATC 2 (that’s Sex and the City 2 for you boys!), every girl friend of mine has been going on and on about the fashion and the different beauty products featured in the film. Not only that, they’ve been raving about the different SATC merchandise being released in the market. I bet Candace Bushnell never thought her novel would launch a hundred products when she wrote it. Here are some interesting SATC branded products:
- Steeplechase Cosmetic Bags and Eye Mask — The eye mask will definitely look posh when used during travelling.
- Sex In the City Slot Machine — Seven casinos reportedly have this slot machine, including Aria. Gotta be popular among the women.
- I Heart Sex and the City Shirt — Steve & Barry will carry a line of SATC shirts. Just love the one pictured below.
- Sex and the City Martini Glass Set — If you and your girlfriends love having cocktail parties, then this is a must have.
- Sex and the City I’m a Samantha T-Shirt — I feel like Samantha so I prefer this. Plus the letters are printed in gold, which is one of my fave colors. But you can get one in the name of your fave SATC character.
- Sex and the City Foldable After Party Shoes — There are four different designs to correspond to the four different women of SATC. Just choose which one you like.
- Sex and the City Martini Shaker — I guess if you are going to have SATC martini glass set, you might as well have an SATC shaker.
- Sex and the City Mugs — I’ve seen three different mug styles in the HBO shop but the one I liked the best is the plain white one with a lip imprint.
- Sex and the City Scarf –There are a few styles to choose from but I prefer the one with the SATC logo for the simple reason that it’s pink.
- Carrie Gold Necklace — I remember when Carrie first wore this, every girl friend wanted to have one with their name on it. I guess if you’re name is Carrie, it’s okay to buy this necklace.
You can check out these products and more at the HBO SATC online store.