Have a Roaring Halloween at Zoobic Night Safari
Despite the threatening presence of Typhoon Juan, brave people from all forms of media attended the preview of ZOOBIC NIGHT SAFARI at Zoocology inside Manila Ocean Park last October 19, 2010. , ZOOBIC NIGHT SAFARI is the first ever night safari in the Philippines. We Filipinos don’t have to fly to Singapore to experience the safari at night and the promoters promise that it is better than its Singaporean counterpart.
According to the Robert Yupangco, general manager of the Zoomanity Group, they have tentatively scheduled five Zoobic Safari Nights, the first of which is happening on October 30, 2010. That’s just around Halloween time so instead of going to your usual Halloween costume party, don your best safari look and commune with people-friendly animals on this night. You can expect to be:
- Led by greyhounds — Afraid of the dark? You’ll be led by a trained greyhound while you’re walking the trail. These great canines are popular pets and hunting partners among the British aristocracy. Now, you don’t have to be a Billionaire to pet like the Queen!
- Hypnotized by snakes at the Serpentarium — The showing of Harry Potter 7 is just around the corner and won’t you like to find out if you can speak to snakes like Harry Potter can? Snakes are not the only thing you can find at the Serpentarium, though. There are lizards, iguanas, turtles and other serpents also.
- Shocked by mice in Rodent World — I hate rats! Thankfully, you won’t find any nasty-looking rats in this area. Just cute ones that everyone’s inner Cinderalla would surely find adorable. And your kids can pet guinea pigs, too!
- Awed by tigers in the Tiger Safari — My daughter and I love Lion King. These tigers are as close as we can get to getting up close and personal with Simba’s cousin. Hopefully, no mean Mufasa among them.
- Amazed by the Zoovatar Lounge — This is a new Avatar-inspired feature of the Zoobic Safari and Mr. Yupangco promises it to be absolutely stunning! I am personally excited to see this!
- Ignored by crocodiles at Coco Loco — This is kind of anticlimactic, isn’t it. But I have been to a few zoos in my life and I noticed that crocodiles ALWAYS ignore people. But don’t be too disappointed. You can still take your pictures!
These are just some of the things I am looking forward to seeing at the Zoobic Night Safari. This might turn out to be a once in a life time opportunity because, as I have mentioned, Zoobic Safari has only scheduled five runs of this nocturnal event at the moment. Spefically, Zoobic Safari will hold the Zoobic Night Safari on the following dates:
- October 30, 2010
- December 30, 2010
- April 21, 22 & 23, 2011
As a birthday gift to myself,l i’ll be braving that night safari adventure with Gabby on its first run on October 30. It looks like i’ll be having a roaring birthday celeberation! No work for this online virtual assistant that day!