Do You Want a Clean Colon? Eat These…
Today I heard from a long time friend. She informed me that she has some time to kill since she took time off to get a colonoscopy and a much needed vacation. This got me listening to her because my cousin also got a colonoscopy in the last 12 months. Is this becoming a trend? Are we eating foods that settle as as toxic waste in our colons? I just have to find out.
So, I did a little Googling. I found out that you undergo colonoscopy if you’re too constipated or you suffer from diarrhea constantly. These conditions are symptomatic of bad colon health and if you constantly suffer from it, it would serve you well to consult a doctor and see what’s up your ass. (LOL). It’s best to be on the safe instead of ignoring these conditions. Afrer all, colon cancer is a sneaky disease — its’s the second leading cause of cancer deaths in the U.S. You don’t want to be blindsided by this disease.
Or, you can do what I plan to do. Start eating colon-cleansing foods. Yes, I prefer to prevent myself from getting this diseases the natural way. No colonix or any colon-cleansing drugs for this online virtual assistant. Here are some foods that are naturally guaranteed to wipe toxic waste from your colon.
- Green leafy vegatables — These are rich in fiber and act as brooms inside the human body. Eat lots of pechay, lettuce, and kangkong. Fortunately for me, my uncle has a backyard vegetable garden and he grows pechay, mustasa, and amplaya in there.
- Oats / Grains — Stay away from the instant kind. Go for the ones that you have to cook. These foods will help you move your bowels daily.
- Wheatgrass – Since it’s very hard to find it in supermarkets here, try the wheatgrass juice. I heard that it has natural healing properties.
- Fresh fruits — Fruits are naturally rich in fiber and are therefore good for your colon. In fact, it’s good for your entire body.
- Flaxseeds — I usually find these in cookies and breads.
Don’t forget to drink lots of water. I still believe that drinking water is still the best way to clean your body. You can also opt for fresh fruit juices. I heard lemonade is a good alternative.