As we were discussing our upcoming Baguio trip, my daughter and I started enumerating our dream vacations for this summer and the next summers. Some are really out of this world like Disney vacations. By this I mean unattainable in the next five years unless I win the jackppot in the super Lotto or marry a very wealthy guy.
Like I said, I still cannot afford those summer vacations. So we concentrated on those that I can actually afford. Here’s a short list of Philippine summer destinations for us:
1. Baguio — This city holds many fond memories for me although I have been there only once. Gabby would love the cool weather and the sights. And of course, it made the cut because it is the summer capital of the Philippines after all.
2. Tagaytay — We went here once last January and Gabby enjoyed the cool breeze. We plan to do the zip line, a boat ride across Taal lake, and horseback riding when we return.
3. Puerto Galera — I have long dreamed of going here with my daughter. She loves the sun and the sand. I recently met someone who’s now a friend who can give us a tour of Puerto Galera. I just need to save enough money for the whole trip.
4. Hundred Islands — My daughter learned of this place in her Sibika at Kultura class and she wanted to go there. Her Ninang Raj is from Pangasinan and she promised to accompany us when we go there possibly next year.
5. Pansol, Calamba — As somone who lives in San Pedro, Laguna this is really not a summer destination for me but more like a year-round destination. I make it a point to visit the hotsprings once every three months for some much needed rest and relaxation. We have yet to visit the place this summer.
So there you have it. Our Top 5 Philippine summer destinations. Please feel free to comment and share yours. Meanwhile. I am living you with a pic of gabby . Hope you like it.