Another Flawless Facial: A How-To
My posts about Flawless and Beauty & Butter have attracted a few inquiries from friends. Some asked for prices and other services, while others asked for procedures. This post is for the latter group; for those who’ve never had a facial but would like to try.
Mind you, I had to avail of another anti-acne facial at Flawless Festival Mall just to get this right and give you guys an accurate description as I can. So here’s how my facial went.
- Relaxing — This one is new; it wasn’t part of the facial the last time I was there in June. April, my attendant for the day, made me smell a lavender essential oil to help me relax. She asked me first if I had asthma, so I guess this is only for clients who don’t have asthma.
- Cleansing — Flawless uses it’s own foam cleanser. It’s very light and I liked the feeling as April (Prix to her colleagues) massaged the foam to my face. It’s one of my favorite parts of the whole process. The foam cleanser is wiped off your face with a warm wet towel.
- Steaming — A thin coat of Aloe E cream is first applied to the face before the steam is turned on. This cream will soften the skin and make it easier to remove blockheads and whiteheads later on. Your face would be under the steam for at least 10 minutes… at least that’s how long it seemed to me. In addition, both your hands get massaged after a few minutes in hot pads. Think of it as extra service.
- Vacuuming — Once the excess moisture is wiped away from your face and a toner is applied, it’s time to vacuum those loose dead skin cells. Don’t worry, this isn’t painful by any means. In fact, the sucking motion amuses me.
- Pricking — This is my most hated part. There’s no other word to describe this but painful. But it’s needed and you’d eventually get used to the pain. Plus, it’s not as painful anymore since those impurities have been softened by the Aloe E cream. Once the pricking is done, a witch-hazel toner will be applied to your face. The coolness of the toner will provide a soothing relief from the pricking.
- Mask application — The facial mask has anti-acne and antibiotic properties. Take note: you have to take a deep breath before this is applied because it has a strong acidic smell. A small electric fan will be placed near your face to hasten the drying of the mask. It took about 15 minutes for the mask to dry up completely.
- Anti-inflammatory (AI) cream application — Once the mask is peeled away from your face, a cold wet towel will be used to wipe your face. Then an AI cream will be applied to your face to lessen the redness and swelling caused by the pricking. If it’s your first time to get a facial, expect a lot of redness and swelling. But if you’ve had many like me, then the redness is almost nonexistent and the swelling isn’t that bad. Check out my face after the facial.
There you have it folks! To try the facial, visit any Flawless branch near you. They have branches in many malls, including SM Megamall and Mall of Asia. Visit their web site or the Flawless Facebook page for more info.