A Date to Remember: February 23, 2010
There are so many things I should be grateful this year and I bet many more are to come. But if there is one thing that I am truly, truly grateful for, it will be Ulayaw. The origins of this social network might be raunchy but Ulayaw has evolved into something beyond my expectations. It has become a safe haven for those who are weary, lonely, and bored. It has become a home for me and a lot of other people both in and out of the Philippines.
So what is Ulayaw? Ulayaw is an online community of erotic story writers and readers. At least, it started that way. I think that all of us came from one erotic story site or another, either PinoyLiterotica, Pantasya ,or PSErotica. But despite its erotic beginnings, conversations, forums and blog posts on the site are varied. It’s not all about sex. People talk about anything and everything under the sun. Here you will get to know people who are as smart as they are horny. Want sex tips? Go ahead and ask for some in the chat room. Depressed? Go talk to Winona, Fairybelle or Honeybabes. In need of a laugh, talk to Angela Bennett, Vince or Mpilyo. Want to party? Ask Dane out.
But what really makes Ulayaw home to me are the many friends I have made. I cannot enumerate all of them here, but I will name some who have remained by my side through my entire kidnapping ruse (wink wink). I am grateful for having met the following kaulayaws:
- ANGELA BENNETT — You kept me sane during the whole ordeal. I know I have disappointed you big time by not agreeing to the ransom demand but I know your heart is big enough to forgive. But you’ll never forget. I give you leave to shave my head.
- VINCE — He’s a brother. Thank you for tolerating me. Any girl would be lucky to have you. Anytime you need a back rub, just say so.
- Mpilyo — Another brother. Yes, I loathe the fact that you do not hang out in the room as often as you did before, but I guess we all have our own demons to fight.
- Fairybelle — My dream reader. One of my wishes is for us to share a dream. I will forever treasure knowing you and the different sides of you, especially the mean belle.
- Winona — I miss our daily chats, the sex education lessons at 5Am, and the late night tattling. One of these days I will share with you the reason why I needed a long break. But I am back for good now, so I expect a full report on all the chismiss!.
- Fireonfinger — The most travelled kaulayaw. Thank you for trusting me to keep secrets and for helping me out!
- Nanami Tan — How can I forget Ateng? Thanks for keeping me up during the sleepless nights in Plurk.
Again, these are people who have made attempts to reach me when I was in my “raging hormones” mode. I am grateful for all your efforts and your friendship. Hopefully, I will be able to make more friends in Ulayaw.
- Pinay Ads
- NomNom Club
- Mommy Rubz
- Blogging SAHM
- SAHM Hosting
- Armchair Sports Blogger
- My journey to life
- Something to live by
- Fat Girl No More
- The Accidental Teacher
- Marriage and Beyond
- Kikay Corner
- Mama is Working
- Recycle Bin of a Middle Child
- Matakaw Ako!
- Fab Recessionista
- Just The Tip on an Iceberg
- Project Lightning
- My Happy Home
- Inhale Exhale
- More Food Adventures
- Empowered Mom
- Honeysweet Learning Center
- CDO Extreme
- Dorothy’s Vineyard
- My 3 O’clock Prayer
Now, back to those opportunities I need to do. I still need to write a review on extenze and other health products.
P.S. February 23, 2010 is the day Ulayaw was created in Ning! A must-remember date!